Time to Celebrate.

We are now almost two years into the adventure that is writing this blog. Today we are publishing our 100th blog post and to mark the occasion we have created a logotype. Since our blog is all about respecting and honouring nature, we decided that a tree would be the perfect symbol for our endeavours. We hope you like it!

scan

We started the blog as we wanted to share our dreams of building and gardening in harmony with nature. We are very pleased as we know the blog has inspired a few people to embark on projects of their own. In the world today there is a great need to work with nature and create sustainable solutions for the future. We are hoping to spread a lot more positive inspiration in the coming 100 blog posts on the greener dream. The most important thing to remember is that even small changes to your daily routine can help in creating a sustainable future. We are calling the blog “the greener dream” and not “the green dream”.  That is because we are trying to live a greener life. But we are in no way perfect. Sometimes a lack of time, other commitments and a lack of money stands in the way of choosing the greenest option or solution.  But we do not let that discourage us. We move forward and look for more ways along the way in which we can live closer to nature. It is something that anyone can do in their lives and if everyone did it, the world would be a better place.

floor-and-skirting-boards-080

It is just under two years since we started the greener dream and we look back at all the posts and realize a blog is also a good way to keep a personal record of projects and achievements. About 95% of all the work that has gone into creating our garden and buildings has been carried out by the two adults in our family. For the other 5% we have had help from our teenagers and friends, (well not really that much help from the teenagers but we do get the odd cup of tea made). It has been a big undertaking and sometimes it has felt like we were not moving along as fast as we wished. This is where the blog has been very helpful as looking back through the posts has made us realize that things do change, and all the projects are moving along nicely.

october-2016-195

Many of our friends and family live far away and for them the blog is a good way to keep track of what we are up to. We are now in a position where most of our construction work is out of the way and the garden is mostly planted up. We hope that the next 100 posts will fit into a shorter time span than two years and we are looking forward to sharing our future experiences.

wildlife-september-017

Our garden and home bring us so much joy and we are honoured to share it with you here. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

garden-july-042

One thought on “Time to Celebrate.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s